Friday, July 3, 2009

OK I guess its time.....

to pull out an image and make a card. Gosh I let the 4th of July cards up for 5 days I'm just so proud of them. Now its time to get playful so I pulled out some TAC designer paper and of coarse SU cardstock and make a new card.
This is a image I got from Becky I think its a 'All that Scraps'. I used fake stitches, green sparkles and some of my mini brads (those buggers are hard to work with) but so adorable. I used my Copics E31, E33, E37, E51 & YG95. I use E31 and E33 constantly and had to buy refills for my Copics because I drained those puppies to the bone. So now I know how to do the refills also. But then I'm a certified Copic's instructor so I should know how to do it. Maybe one of these days I will import my Copic certification badge to the blog.

I've been a slacker lately the weather has been beautiful so I did a bunch of yard work transplanted my rose bushes to the front yard planted some petunia's then I mowed the grass. I was kind of nervous about it but hey the young man I was paying to do it didn't show up for 3 days and so since my grass grows 2 inches a day I had to mow. Now for those of you that don't know I had a total fusion of my lower back in January so I have been doing as doctors ordered until now. After all the yard work I felt fine no back pain and happy to acknowledge the surgery a true success. Yesterday I want to Chattanooga to visit an old friend and play with cuttlebug folders.

Is everyone ready for the 4th of July???? I just found out that our town isn't going to have fireworks this year because of the economy. Guess I'll have to watch it on TV and remember all of our soldiers all over the world serving our country and putting their lives on the line. To each and everyone of you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.
God Bless the U.S.A.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Oh Granny - that's the cutest card! It's so warm in colors and I love how you did the fake stitching. The Koala Bear is actually a High Hopes image! Wow, you need to get in the stamping groove because you whip up some great cards.

Sorry about the fireworks not being done in your town. We usually can see some from our house so we stay home to watch them.

Your blog is looking great! Keep up the good work!!!