Friday, March 5, 2010

Top Note Quilt Cards

Well I went to Michael's and Hobby Lobby looking for St. Patricks goodies.....nothing but shamrocks. So after 3 hours of looking so hard and checking out all the stickers, card stock and of coarse stamps I had to leave but hark I bought a few things so all wasn't lost. Woe is me it was a wonderful afternoon!

Once I got home I finished off my quilt cards, I love making these and its such a great way to use up your scraps. These little gems are headed to the soldiers in Iraq and elsewhere.
You know I love pink and brown so I enjoyed making this one.
I thought this was a masculine with the browns and beige's.
I pretty much used SU cardstock and ribbons, punches, Top Note die, and a little stamp set of greetings. Hope you enjoy these as I'm behind on my cards to the troops and need to get busy with them after I finish my swaps. I think I told you I was in three swaps what was I thinking? Well the business cards are done and I guess I didn't take a picture of the finished ones but they are in the mail. I did a card swap with some friends and that is due on the 23rd (they are done). Now the last one well its really cute its a ATC Leprechaun home that we will bind together to make a mini book. I have it 75% done but I'm still got a little to them, I work well under pressure.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies, they say its suppose to be sunny and in the 60's, perfect weather for me I love it just a wee bit cool and sunny.

God Bless,

Jeanine




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Those are so cute! I'd love to know how you make them? Do you glue the scraps to a base and then die cut?

TN Granny said...

Sarah,
You didn't leave your email address so.........to make the top note cards I use a plain piece of paper the size of the Top note die cut. I use 1 inch squares but they said to use 3/4 inch I thought they were way to small and hard to line up. After you glue your squares in a pattern then you put it in your Big Shot with the die and cut away. Let me know how it works out.
God Bless,
Jeanine
www.blstamper.blogspot.net